Clouds loom but the weather was holding when this photograph was taken. A young woman is posing with an Austin A30 saloon car at Cape Egmont, the westernmost point of Taranaki on the west coast of New Zealand's North Island. Formerly named Cabo Pieter Boreels by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642, the area was renamed Cape Egmont by James Cook in 1769. In the background one can see the lighthouse that was originally constructed on Mana Island but was re-located at Cape Egmont in 1877.
Catalogue Number : DPI 7001
Title : Cape Egmont - Woman with Austin A30
Date : c.1958
Source : 35mm Slide
Maximum Dimensions : 7048 x 5251 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 6.31Mb