A photograph of Halesowen Railway Station dating from around 1911 with employees busy on the platforms and men working on the carriages. The station opened in 1878 and took trains from Dudley, Netherton and Old Hill to Hunnington, Rubery and Longbridge. It was to the latter that passenger services continued after the line was used for goods services only. Worker trains to the Austin car plant at Longbridge carried employees from the Black Country. Today, the Forge Trading Estate occupies much of the railway station's site.
Catalogue Number : DPI 4535
Title : Halesowen - Railway Station
Date : c.1910
Source : Real Photo Postcard
Maximum Dimensions : 5458 x 3780 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 7.53Mb