This image shows Cropthorne Mill at Fladbury, one of two mills at the weir on the River Avon. The mill was owned by the Barrow family for over a century. The mill was built to serve the village of Cropthorne on the opposite side of the River Avon and roughly one mile to the south. A mill was mentioned in the Domesday survey. By 1240 the Prior of Worcester owned a mill there, which paid 35s. and 30 'stiches' of eels yearly.
Catalogue Number : DPI 5002
Title : Fladbury - Cropthorne Mill
Date : c.1915
Source : Real Photo Postcard
Maximum Dimensions : 4264 x 2630 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 4.62Mb