This photograph shows the Black Horse Inn and an early motorcycle outside the pub. Looking at this Edwardian photograph the windows had just been changed to form small bays. The licensee is stood in the doorway. His name, Arthur William Caves, can be seen above the door. In the 1911 census Arthur William Caves was at No.88 West Street, Warwick, the address of the Vine Inn. Previously he had been at the Malt Shovel in Kenilworth. Arthur Caves was a man with pubs in his blood for he grew up in the Anchor Inn at Leek Wootton, a boozer kept by his parents Joseph and Harriet Caves. Arthur married Florence Gillam on June 3rd 1900 and the couple lived at the Black Horse with their sons Arthur and Joseph.
Catalogue Number : DPI 1391
Title : Marton - Black Horse Inn
Date : c.1909
Source : Real Photo Postcard
Maximum Dimensions : 5624 x 3836 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 8.60Mb