The Welsh Presbyterians [Welsh Calvinistic Methodists] built this chapel on Suffolk Street in 1898 to accommodate the growing congregation that used to pack themselves into its predecessor, the Rehoboth Chapel on Wood Street [later Granville Street]. That was itself a replacement for a small chapel on Peck Lane that was closed for the construction of the railway. The Welsh Presbyterians also built a large chapel at Hockley Hill. On large files it is possible to make out names on the foundation stones of this, the Eglwys Bresbyteriadd Cymru.
Catalogue Number : DPI 16576
Title : Suffolk Street - Welsh Presbyterian Church
Date : August 13th 1957
Source : Glass Plate Negative
Maximum Dimensions : 4744 x 3639 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 7.16Mb