A splendid photograph of Birmingham's General Hospital in Steelhouse Lane during the Edwardian period. The former General Hospital was located in Summer Lane but was relocated to this building in 1897. The site had previously been occupied by almshouses provided by Lench's Trust.
Designed by William Henman in a Romanesque Revival style of architecture, this hospital was opened on July 7th 1897. Closed as a General Hospital during the mid-1990's, the red brick and terracotta building was subsequently used as Birmingham Children's Hospital.
Catalogue Number : DPI 10711
Title : Steelhouse Lane - General Hospital
Date : c.1910
Source : Real Photo Postcard
Maximum Dimensions : 6352 x 3919 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 14.7b