An excellent image of the school that faced Saint Thomas's Church, parts of which now forms a centrepiece of the Peace Garden just off Bath Row. It was a large stuccoed brick building that had an average attendance of 300 boys and 300 girls.
At the time of this photograph the building was also the home of the Birmingham Adult Deaf and Dumb Association. The posters suggest it was also the local polling station.
Catalogue Number : DPI 16430
Title : Granville Street - Saint Thomas's School
Date : June 17th 1957
Source : Glass Plate Negative
Maximum Dimensions : 3397 x 4061 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 6.68Mb