A lovely inter-war photograph of the Royal Exchange in Park Road around 1930. This shot captures not only the fine-looking pub but the whole row including the newsagent's shop on the end. Walter Harris was the publican when this photograph was captured. He kept the old beer house for Mitchell's and Butler's. The pub served beer for the final time on March 1st 1970. The building, along with the adjoining houses and shops were later demolished.
Catalogue Number : DPI 0287
Title : Park Road - Royal Exchange
Date : c.1930
Source : Real Photo Postcard
Maximum Dimensions : 6326 x 3827 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 9.51Mb