The site of Birmingham Coach Station, once occupied by Avery's weighing apparatus manufactory, has been a transport hub for almost 100 years.
The site was acquired by the Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited in 1929 and a garage was built and expanded over the years.
The garage was converted into a bus station in 1958. In April 1997 it formed part of the National Express network. Ten years later a temporary station was established in Oxford Street whilst a new terminus was constructed fronting Digbeth.
The new station was officially opened on December 18th, 2009 by Fabio Capello who was then the manager of England's football team.
Catalogue Number : DPI 14795
Title : Digbeth - Birmingham Coach Station
Date : February 24th 2010
Source : Panasonic DMC-FX150
Maximum Dimensions : 4416 x 3312 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 4.80Mb