Taken around 1930, this photograph shows the White Horse Cellars on the corner of Constitution Hill and Northwood Street. Replacing an earlier White Horse, this c.1890 building is the only known pub design by the eminent architect J. A. Chatwin. Another oddity is that the pub was once operated by Flower's Brewery of Stratford - most unusual for Birmingham. Mitchell's and Butler's later acquired the property.
Catalogue Number : DPI 0295
Title : Hockley - White Horse Cellars
Date : c.1930
Source : Real Photo Postcard
Maximum Dimensions : 3788 x 5434 Pixels
Resolution : 1200dpi
Maximum File Size : 7.60Mb